Topics

ecss-all call 4/20 1pm Pacific/3pm Eastern

Andrea Zonca

Old email for testing:

Hi gang,

Thanks for the responses to the doodle poll. Based on this, Friday 4/20 at 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern will work best for our call to discuss ECSS PY8 priorities, especially staff development opportunities. I’ll send a calendar invite, but feel free to manually add this to your own calendar if that doesn’t work for all.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/548630305

Or iPhone one-tap :

    US: +16699006833,,548630305#  or +14086380968,,548630305#

Or Telephone:

        US: +1 669 900 6833  or +1 408 638 0968  or +1 646 876 9923

    Meeting ID: 548 630 305

    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/1wV1skQC

Agenda (where everyone can contribute notes) at https://confluence.xsede.org/display/XT/April+20+2018.

Nancy

From: "Wilkins-Diehr, Nancy" <wilkinsn@...>
Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 9:26 AM
To: "ecss-all@..." <ecss-all@...>
Subject: ECSS at PEARC18, PY8 plans and other topics

Hi folks,

Time for an ecss-all update. We’ve got a few topics to share with you (and a bonus doodle poll, keep reading!).

  • PEARC18! Beyond all the terrific papers, tutorials and posters we know you’ll be presenting, we’ll be holding two ECSS events at PEARC. On Thursday July 26 after the conclusion of the conference, John Towns typically has an xsede-all meeting, likely at 2pm Eastern. We’ll do a face-to-face ECSS staff meeting from 3-4, hands-on containerization training from 4-6 (remote participation supported for both) and then go to dinner together for those interested (sorry, no remote participation there).
  • ECSS PY8 plans. After reviewing review panel feedback and staff climate survey, we’ve developed the following draft priorities for ECSS in Program Year 8 (which starts Sept 1).
    • Improve ECSS project pipeline (proactively recruit, work with ER to spread the word)
    • Increase development opportunities for staff (training, conference attendance)
    • Improved development of training materials (for ourselves and others)
    • Share experiences with like organizations
    • Resolve remaining gateway user attribute submission issues (Amit Chourasia is leading this for us)
  • How’s the work with Jira going? Any problems using this to manage your projects? Reach out to Jay Alamedaalameda@... with any issues. Training materials at https://confluence.xsede.org/display/XT/ECSS+Project+Management+Documentation+Outline, module 0 is the overview, and module 3 is the important one for staff.
  • Adaptive reviews. Over 2017 and Q1 2018, ECSS reviewed over 550 proposals. A sincere thank you to those who have been devoting significant time to this important activity. Ken Hackworth and Lonny Crosby have provided this review count for ECSS-ers.

We’d like to have an ecss-all call to discuss the PY8 plans, especially staff development opportunities. These plans also have several other reviews: XSEDE leadership (March), Service Provider Forum (now), XSEDE Strategic Advisory Board (April) and final the review panel in June. So they may evolve prior to Sept. Please respond to the doodle poll for an ecss-all call to discuss by 4/3, https://doodle.com/poll/4ushviupkyibqbxu.

Nancy and the management team